An idyllic white sands holiday in Thailand in 2015 turned rapidly into life saving surgery for 32 years old British entrepreneur Jem Ayres. She was diagnosed with a tumour in her brain and had immediate brain surgery.
Several weeks after the trauma of her surgery and back home in the UK, Jem had the added shock of a diagnosis of an advanced melanoma. What followed was a very personal emotional journey and a number of difficult decisions.
For this special episode of The Eagle Podcast I'm in a bold, open and honest conversation with my first Eagle, Jem.
Things we talk about in this episode:
- The events that led to Jem's diagnosis and everything that followed
- The road to full recovery from stage 4 skin cancer
- How Jem continues to remain healthy by decisions and actions she continues to take to affect her healing in a positive way (there are many gems there, and some of them will put a smile on your face!)
- The words she chooses to describe herself that empower her on this journey - and aren’t the fighting words that people usually use towards cancer
- How cancer affected Jem's relationships with her business, as well as family and friends
- How her life pivoted from one business to another and how she treats her work now.
- Controversy of being your own cancer healer. Jem unpacks the bold statement on her website for us ‘Through choice, self-love and power of belief one can heal cancer’. Be assured, this doesn't go unnoticed by people and Jem shares the range of reactions she receives.
- Three biggest lessons cancer taught Jem
Links mentioned in this episode:
Jem’s reference to the video by Dr Emoto, Japanese doctor about the power of words and how water responds to them
Jem Ayes Coaching https://jemayres.co.uk
If you missed the Trailer of this podcast, give it a listen here.
Available anywhere you listen to Podcasts:
Overcast, Podcast Player, RadioPublic, Breaker and many more!